Community Forum

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 billyjoe 31-07-2020 08:10:07

Hello Ian

How are you? Remember me, Billy Joe Conor? Years ago I bought Maian music and you helped me solve an issue with customizing it for my website. Since then, my songs are on Apple Music, CD Baby and at all other online vendors. Because of that I stopped selling them on my website.

I'm currently building a website for a musician friend who wants to teach piano online. Since he also wants to sell keyboards and accessories on his website, onlinepianoteacher.org , I picked Checkout for him to sell a small number of items. Just now I'm installing it, but nowhere on your website can I find where to generate the secret key for it? Would you please let me know where?

Regards,

Billy Joe

EDIT: Hello again Ian. As soon as I finished making the above post I realized that the secret key would be determined by me. However, my initial understanding was that I needed to generate one on your website.

Thank you. Be well,

Billy Joe

EDIT-2:

Hello again Ian:

I was able to install Checkout. However, when an item is added to basket, it isn't actually added, as zero items show at checkout. This happens as well when the item is added to basket from the product page.
What's causing it?
Site:
https://www.onlinepianoteacher.org/2checkout/index.php

Last edited by billyjoe (31-07-2020 22:38:20)

#2 billyjoe 31-07-2020 19:56:15

Hello Ian:

I just found another issue. I can't login to the admin. How is this fixed?

the error log follows:

Date/Time: 31 July 2020 @ 07:12:40
Code: 2002
Error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
File: /hermes/bosnaweb22a/b841/ipg.protegraproductsinc25808/shop/control/classes/class.db.php
Line: 462

==================================================

Date/Time: 31 July 2020 @ 08:13:24
Code: 2002
Error: Connection refused
File: /hermes/bosnaweb22a/b841/ipg.protegraproductsinc25808/shop/control/classes/class.db.php
Line: 462

==================================================

Last edited by billyjoe (31-07-2020 22:39:05)

#3 msworld 01-08-2020 08:17:21

Hi Billy, hope you are doing ok? smile

As soon as I finished making the above post I realized that the secret key would be determined by me. However, my initial understanding was that I needed to generate one on your website.

You generate licence keys at the Licence Centre. If that is what you mean?
https://www.maiangateway.com

I was able to install Checkout. However, when an item is added to basket, it isn't actually added, as zero items show at checkout. This happens as well when the item is added to basket from the product page. What's causing it?

It's session controlled, so possibly a session issue on your server? Not sure what else it might be.

I can't login to the admin. How is this fixed?

These errors are database related. Usually they appear when the connection info is wrong. Your admin login is set as per the installation instructions. If it doesn't work, it's going to be related the session issue mentioned previously.

#4 billyjoe 01-08-2020 22:11:38

Hello Ian:

I'm doing fine thank you. I'm actually getting radio airplay on all my songs worldwide. It's all I ever dreamed about; that my songs be heard.

I don't know what is causing the admin login problem and the items not actually adding to basket. However, I reinstalled 2checkout with a newly made database only to have the sames issues again. Do you have any suggestions, I don't know what else to do? Also, I assume 2checkout can be used with PayPal?

Regards,

Billy Joe

#5 msworld 02-08-2020 05:08:03
billyjoe wrote:

Hello Ian:

I'm doing fine thank you. I'm actually getting radio airplay on all my songs worldwide. It's all I ever dreamed about; that my songs be heard.

That's great. Btw, my name is David. lol.

billyjoe wrote:

I don't know what is causing the admin login problem and the items not actually adding to basket. However, I reinstalled 2checkout with a newly made database only to have the sames issues again. Do you have any suggestions, I don't know what else to do?

It's not a database problem, it is related to sessions. The server is either not setting the session, or setting it, then clearing it. Difficult to know what the problem might be. Can you try another server?

billyjoe wrote:

Also, I assume 2checkout can be used with PayPal?

Yes, I think so. When the visitor hits the checkout screen, Paypal should be a payment option.

#6 billyjoe 03-08-2020 20:01:44

Hello David:

Thanks for your help. Just as you said, the issue had to do with sessions. Therefore I called iPage and they did make the adjustment to correct it.
Now the cart is working perfectly. The add to cart items are no longer cleared.

There still however remains an issue; PayPal, Is not a payment option, which I must add. Please tell me how it is done?

Regards,

Billy Joe

#7 msworld 04-08-2020 00:46:25

Hi Billy,

Glad you got the sessions issue sorted out. smile

Did you go through with a payment? When you get to 2Checkout, one of the options should be to pay using Paypal. Or are you getting confused with Maian Checkout thinking there should be a Paypal link in the actual cart?

#8 billyjoe 04-08-2020 02:19:37

Hi David:

Yes. I did try to go through the payment process, but paypal is not one of the options as you thought it would be, unless I'm missing something.
I hope I didn't  install the wrong cart, one that doesn't include paypal, because I already customized it. Can his paypal info be added and then change the url to go to paypal?

Please see it here to confirm which one it is: https://www.onlinepianoteacher.org/keyboards/
By the way, I added the paypal image at checkout.

Please take a look at it, David, and let me know if paypal has to be added and whether or not it's the simple matter. If it isn't a simple matter, would you please do it?
I installed Maian 2Checkout, which I thought had paypal as a oayment option and for which I will get him a license. My friend is a musician who wants to give piano lessons online and sell keyboards.and accessories only.

Regards,

Billy Joe.

Last edited by billyjoe (04-08-2020 10:14:39)

#9 msworld 04-08-2020 11:09:13

Hi Billy Joe,

2Checkout does have Paypal as a payment option. But Maian Checkout doesn't have it integrated because Maian Checkout is not for Paypal. If you want Paypal, then you need Maian Pal:

https://www.maianpal.com

You should be able to copy your template structure over as both systems have the same layout.

#10 billyjoe 04-08-2020 18:27:43

Hello David:

Thank you very much for the information. I will, as you suggested, copy the customization over onto MaianPal.
Do I need to delete the existing database, or will the new installation delete it and write over it as it's being installed?

Regards,

Billy Joe

#11 msworld 05-08-2020 03:18:24
billyjoe wrote:

Hello David:

Thank you very much for the information. I will, as you suggested, copy the customization over onto MaianPal.
Do I need to delete the existing database, or will the new installation delete it and write over it as it's being installed?

Regards,

Billy Joe

It will replace it if you use the same table prefix. Probably easier to just delete it first. I would suggest making a backup because you can import things back in from the Maian Checkout db to save time. They are almost the same structure.

#12 billyjoe 05-08-2020 09:20:37

Hi David:

Thank you so much. I copied over all the customization into Maian Pal and it's working perfectly. A small shopping cart is just what my friend needs as he'll be selling only a few items in addition to giving online piano lessons; only keyboards, cases and stands. As soon as he confirms a deal with the drop shipper for these items, I'll purchase a license for him.

Thank you again,

Billy Joe

Last edited by billyjoe (05-08-2020 09:22:08)

#13 msworld 05-08-2020 09:31:03

Great to hear it is working ok Billy Joe, thank you for supporting my software, appreciate it. smile

#14 billyjoe 05-08-2020 22:18:34

You're very welcome David.

There is one issue however. Although I entered my friend's paypal email address and his paypal password, the result at paying is,
"The "email" payment parameter is missing and is required, please update your payment parameter settings. Refer to the docs for assistance."
What must be done to correct this?

Regards,

Billy Joe

#15 msworld 06-08-2020 02:54:09

Can I ask how you entered the information? Screenshot?

#16 billyjoe 06-08-2020 04:15:24

Screenshot of paypal email parameter:

[img=FluxBB bbcode test]https://www.onlinepianoteacher.org/email-parmeter.jpg[/img]

Last edited by billyjoe (06-08-2020 04:18:46)

#17 msworld 06-08-2020 06:01:49

An you entered it like that because??

Best not to guess Billy, click the 'Help' link at the top. smile

#18 billyjoe 06-08-2020 07:35:42

Hi David:

You're right. I just assumed the PayPal email address and account password were needed in those fields in order to access PayPal and make payments.
Instead, when looking at your documentation, I made the correct entries and payments could now be made.

Thank you again,

Billy Joe

#19 msworld 06-08-2020 07:46:21

No problem my friend. Always good to check the docs if you aren't 100% sure. smile

Glad it is now working. Don't forget to make sure your IPN callback is also set up to update the store order and send emails etc

Board footer

Maian Script World - Free PHP Software for Personal or Business Use.
© 2003-2020 Maian Script World & David Ian Bennett.

2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller of goods and services provided by Maian Script World

Free PHP Software / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Software / White Label PHP Software