Community Forum

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 tbutts 17-06-2020 15:22:29

I have Cart and Affiliate installed and working perfectly on my domain, but integrating Affiliate with Cart is not working.  Specifically, I am trying to send commissions to Affiliate from Cart when a sale happens.

There are a few confusing pieces in the docs.  In Cart: Store CP/ Settings/Settings Menu/Maian Affiliate Integration/Affiliate Product ID.  What is the Affiliate Product ID?  Is this some kind of KEY?

Also, the information on this How-To: https://affiliate.tbengineering.design/docs/api-commissions.html.  It says you have to add this code into some file to make it work.  It doesn't say which file, or where.

I am going to buy the commercial for both Cart and Affiliate as a start, but I need to make sure it works as needed, before that happens.

Thanks.

P.S.  Your product so far is wonderful!  Very clean, and easy to use so far.  Great work!

#2 msworld 19-06-2020 10:15:40
tbutts wrote:

Your product so far is wonderful!  Very clean, and easy to use so far.  Great work!

Thank you very very much. smile

tbutts wrote:

There are a few confusing pieces in the docs.  In Cart: Store CP/ Settings/Settings Menu/Maian Affiliate Integration/Affiliate Product ID.  What is the Affiliate Product ID?  Is this some kind of KEY?

Do you not see the Help link in the Maian Cart admin area? Click that for details. smile

tbutts wrote:

It says you have to add this code into some file to make it work.  It doesn't say which file, or where.

Maian Cart is fully integrated with Maian Affiliate, so you don't need to worry about any code. Once you have set the correct options in the Maian Cart admin area it should work automatically.

Let me know if you are still having issues.

#3 tbutts 19-06-2020 14:45:36

I have been through the help links, many times.
1.  Full Url to Maian Affiliate Installation is pointing to the affiliate website from the cart.
2.  Affiliate API Code is identical on both sites.
3.  Affiliate Product ID matches the Product setup in Affiliate as a product.  Both ID's are the same.
4.  Affiliate Url GET Parameter are the same on both sites.
5.  Enable Commission System is enabled in Cart.

The problem I have narrowed it down to is that no products in Cart are linked to an Affiliate in the Affiliate site, so it doesn't know where to go when a sale happens.

In Affiliates, I only have one Affiliate for testing, and his affiliate ID is maff-01.  In a product in Cart, there is no place to put maff-01, so it knows where to go, unless I am missing that part.  It makes sense logically.

Edit:
Thinking about this some more (and reading the docs again), I started thinking about the databases.  Nothing is going to the Affiliate DB when a sale happens from Cart.  So, without digging through the code, let me ask this:  Both of these sites are on the same domain but different subdomains.  They have different databases.

How would a sale from cart, know where to send the commission information to the Affiliate database?

Then I was thinking, maybe the Affiliate system does not work how I was thinking it should work.  Is Promotional items the only way it works?  Promotional to me means special, not all sales.  Correct me if i am wrong, but ALL sales should ping the Affiliate system, and store information about sales to the Affiliate database.  Nothing is getting to that database right now.

Last edited by tbutts (19-06-2020 20:54:12)

#4 msworld 20-06-2020 14:31:52

maff-01 is the affiliate code, so if you log into the affiliate account you should see how the affiliate would use that code.

Why would 'maff-01' go against a product in Maian Cart? It logs against the sale if it is set.

Affiliate run through:
============================================================
1. Visitor logs into their affiliate account for linking info. They add this to their site. Links will be to your cart installation with the affiliate code.
2. Someone then clicks the affiliate link. Maian cart recognises the affiliate click.
3. The cart installation sets the cookie. If the cookie is set, it will log 'maff-01' against any Maian Cart sale with that cookie.
4. After the sale it pings the affiliate installation and logs the commissions for that affiliate code.

In Affiliates, I only have one Affiliate for testing, and his affiliate ID is maff-01.  In a product in Cart, there is no place to put maff-01, so it knows where to go, unless I am missing that part.  It makes sense logically.

Did you log into the affiliate account to see code usage?

Then I was thinking, maybe the Affiliate system does not work how I was thinking it should work.  Is Promotional items the only way it works?  Promotional to me means special, not all sales.  Correct me if i am wrong, but ALL sales should ping the Affiliate system, and store information about sales to the Affiliate database.  Nothing is getting to that database right now.

Once you realise how it works you will see how you have been over complicating things. Of course it would log for all sales.

How would a sale from cart, know where to send the commission information to the Affiliate database?

You have the affiliate url set in the affiliate settings in Maian Cart? That is how it knows which url to ping.

Let me know how you go.

#5 tbutts 20-06-2020 23:15:30
msworld wrote:

maff-01 is the affiliate code, so if you log into the affiliate account you should see how the affiliate would use that code.

I do.  It's just a URL with their unique Affiliate code.  Simple.

msworld wrote:

Why would 'maff-01' go against a product in Maian Cart? It logs against the sale if it is set.

Because one affiliate would sell a product, and another affiliate would sell a different product.

msworld wrote:

Affiliate run through:

msworld wrote:

============================================================

msworld wrote:

1. Visitor logs into their affiliate account for linking info. They add this to their site. Links will be to your cart installation with the affiliate code.

Yup.

msworld wrote:

2. Someone then clicks the affiliate link. Maian cart recognises the affiliate click.

Here is another issue.  There is no specific affiliate link to click on, when your a customer looking at a product.  It's no where.

msworld wrote:

Did you log into the affiliate account to see code usage?

It only shows their unique link.  https://eshop.mysite.com/?maff=maff-01

msworld wrote:

Once you realise how it works you will see how you have been over complicating things. Of course it would log for all sales.

Hard to do when it doesn't work.

msworld wrote:

You have the affiliate url set in the affiliate settings in Maian Cart? That is how it knows which url to ping.

I do.

Ok, I guess we're thinking differently.  Here is a scenario, and tell me if your products will do this.
1.  I am a customer, and I want to buy two products.  Product #1 is sold by Affiliate #1.  Product #2 is sold by Affiliate #2.
2.  When I finish the sale, both Affiliates get commissions on each of their products.  Each affiliate is able to see that information on their respective affiliate accounts.

Wait, are you saying that an affiliate is specific to their own eShop?  If that's the case, then what I want to do, wouldn't work.  Basically, I want to have one eShop, with many Affiliates.

When I finish a sale on my Cart installation, there is nothing in the affiliate database, and no commissions are getting to the affiliates.

Maybe, send me an email or PM, and you can log into the cart, admin of the cart, affiliate account, and the admin of the affiliate site, to check things out, or better yet, are the demos connected (cart and affiliate), so I can create a sale, and check the affiliate site to see if they got the commission.  I did look at the admin for both demo sites, and my sites have the same information.

#6 tbutts 20-06-2020 23:43:07

ok, well, I got it to work.  All products sold on an eShop, is specific to an Affiliate.  I was hoping that, I can have one eShop, with many products, and each product is linked to different affiliates.

Now I can see how you weren't understanding what I wanted to do.  Sorry, I guess I didn't explain that.  Thank you for the help!  I can now figure out what I have to do.

#7 msworld 21-06-2020 02:47:50

Here is another issue.  There is no specific affiliate link to click on, when your a customer looking at a product.  It's no where.

I don't understand, why should there be an affiliate link on a product page? That is not how it works. It works how a standard affiliate link would work. You sign up for an affiliate account to make money on a website. In your case, your store.

This is their link:
https://eshop.mysite.com/?maff=maff-01

The affiliate places that link on their OWN websites and anyone clicking the link and purchasing causes the affiliate to earn money. Are you just entering that url in your browser? If so, that will not work. The afiliate API logs will tell you that. A referrer must be set. The referrer would be the affiliates website or websites.

msworld wrote:

Ok, I guess we're thinking differently.  Here is a scenario, and tell me if your products will do this.
1.  I am a customer, and I want to buy two products.  Product #1 is sold by Affiliate #1.  Product #2 is sold by Affiliate #2.
2.  When I finish the sale, both Affiliates get commissions on each of their products.  Each affiliate is able to see that information on their respective affiliate accounts.

No, it doesn't work like that. If a sale goes through and an affiliate link is present it would apply the commission based on the total of the sale. As there is only one affiliate code at any one time, it can't split commissions across different affiliate accounts for different products.

I don't know of any affiliate systems that work that way. You might need something custom building.

#8 tbutts 21-06-2020 03:44:40
msworld wrote:

I don't know of any affiliate systems that work that way. You might need something custom building.

You obviously know what your doing.  There is a need for this, trust me.  Think of Amazon.  I know it's setup differently, but the concept of what I need is the same.

#9 msworld 21-06-2020 04:00:34

Amazon is set up for multiple affiliates and buyers, their platform is huge. Maian Cart is super small in comparison.

Sounds like you need something far more complex?

#10 tbutts 22-06-2020 14:06:37

Not sure I would say for more complex, but if your saying in order to change Cart, to make it work for what I was talking about, then yeah, that would be ideal.  I really like your product, so I am trying to figure out a way to make it work.

Really, it wouldn't be that hard,  possibly adding a dropdown list selecting an affiliate under products, so it adds that affiliate ID to the product, so when a sale happens, affiliate picks it up.

Easier said than done, I am sure.  Just a thought for future additions, or a new product of yours calling it Cart Plus or something.  If I knew PHP, I would work on it, but I don't.  I only know VB.

#11 msworld 23-06-2020 05:35:46

It's not something I'll add in any future versions. Technically the affiliate callback ops in Maian Cart could be modified to check which products were ordered and ping with the relevant affiliate code and commissions, so I would be happy to do it as a custom mod for you if you are interested? You would need to have a list of affiliate codes and associated product IDs for that to work. But, let me know.

support@maianscriptworld.co.uk

Board footer

Maian Script World - Free PHP Software for Personal or Business Use.
© 2003-2020 Maian Script World & David Ian Bennett.

2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller of goods and services provided by Maian Script World

Free PHP Software / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Software / White Label PHP Software