Community Forum

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 evrimaltay 21-04-2020 22:12:43

I've just updated the system. When I've read the changelog, I was happy to be able to use ticket statuses more effectively.
But It seemed that the changing status from the ticket inside is a bit hard. Also it would be nice to be able to see the visitor notes right inside the ticket.
Still, it is the best ticket software I've ever used. I am currently using osTicket, and I've got a premium software license from CodeCanyon. Still MaianSupport is better.

About the bug, when I try to change the ticket status from the dashboard on the Open Tickets panel - It is really easy to change it btw, thanks- I click the blue "Other" button. And I can change it quickly. But after that it just displays a message with "System Message". Title and the text, they're both "System Message".

Here is the error preview:

Also here is an another strange behaviour:

PS: Forum says that I can use img tag but does not allow me to do so.

Last edited by evrimaltay (21-04-2020 22:18:11)

#2 msworld 23-04-2020 03:10:19
evrimaltay wrote:

I've just updated the system. When I've read the changelog, I was happy to be able to use ticket statuses more effectively.
But It seemed that the changing status from the ticket inside is a bit hard. Also it would be nice to be able to see the visitor notes right inside the ticket.
Still, it is the best ticket software I've ever used. I am currently using osTicket, and I've got a premium software license from CodeCanyon. Still MaianSupport is better.

Thank you very much. smile

evrimaltay wrote:

About the bug, when I try to change the ticket status from the dashboard on the Open Tickets panel - It is really easy to change it btw, thanks- I click the blue "Other" button. And I can change it quickly. But after that it just displays a message with "System Message". Title and the text, they're both "System Message".

Yes, definitely a bug, thanks for letting me know. I'll fix this asap and get back to you.

evrimaltay wrote:

Yes, I know about this. I think I might have accidentally removed the image tags, I can check. It has been in my general todo list for awhile now.

#3 evrimaltay 23-04-2020 04:12:46
msworld wrote:
evrimaltay wrote:

Thank you very much. smile

evrimaltay wrote:

Yes, definitely a bug, thanks for letting me know. I'll fix this asap and get back to you.

evrimaltay wrote:

Yes, I know about this. I think I might have accidentally removed the image tags, I can check. It has been in my general todo list for awhile now.

You are very welcome.

I also noticed some changes; I don't know whether they are intentional or not.

- Recently I was able to upload attachments with drag& drop but I couldn't do this time. Maybe there was a bug in Ubuntu or you removed it intentionally. I don't know, just wanted to let you know, sometimes updating some dependencies brakes others and it is hard to spot smile

- There are definitely some issues with mobile. I was able to send tickets and do literally everything. But now in the admin panel it simply doesn't show me any message box.
This led me to make a duplicate reply (I think system doesn't remove my text from textarea even after I send my reply successfully.). And when I try to delete that duplicate reply it just takes me to the top of the page but nothing appears. No confirmation box or anything.

- This - I think system doesn't remove my text from textarea even after I successfully send it. - happens on desktop as well. I have to remove my previous text in order to reply even after a customer reply. This one is probably not intentional.

But thanks for this update. UI looks really nice on this one smile

Last edited by evrimaltay (23-04-2020 04:15:11)

#4 msworld 23-04-2020 13:59:16

I have fixed the message error. The operation was working ok, but wrong message. To update, download again and replace:
admin/control/system/_ajax.php

evrimaltay wrote:

Recently I was able to upload attachments with drag& drop but I couldn't do this time. Maybe there was a bug in Ubuntu or you removed it intentionally. I don't know, just wanted to let you know, sometimes updating some dependencies brakes others and it is hard to spot

Maian Support has never had any drag/drop operations, so if it was working before that must have been just a feature of Ubuntu?

evrimaltay wrote:

- There are definitely some issues with mobile. I was able to send tickets and do literally everything. But now in the admin panel it simply doesn't show me any message box.

So, that is when creating a new ticket? Or all admin ops?

evrimaltay wrote:

- This - I think system doesn't remove my text from textarea even after I successfully send it. - happens on desktop as well. I have to remove my previous text in order to reply even after a customer reply. This one is probably not intentional.

It definitely clears for me on the desktop and mobile. I assume a browser plugin or cache issue? Can't see any problems with this at the moment. I have tried in FF, Chrome and Edge as well as my mobile browsers. When it reloads, textarea is blank.

evrimaltay wrote:

But thanks for this update. UI looks really nice on this one smile

Thank you. Likeswise, thank you very much for your feedback and comments. smile

PS. I still need to sort the img tags, I'll do that soon.

#5 msworld 23-04-2020 14:10:24

Image tags fixed. Actually, what happened was, the forum software wasn't PHP7 compatible, so I commented the code out and meant to come back and fix it. But forgot. lol. Thanks again.

#6 evrimaltay 23-04-2020 14:56:16
msworld wrote:

Image tags fixed. Actually, what happened was, the forum software wasn't PHP7 compatible, so I commented the code out and meant to come back and fix it. But forgot. lol. Thanks again.

Oh, It happens to me all the time smile By the way forum software seems really good. Did you code it yourself?

msworld wrote:

It definitely clears for me on the desktop and mobile. I assume a browser plugin or cache issue? Can't see any problems with this at the moment. I have tried in FF, Chrome and Edge as well as my mobile browsers. When it reloads, textarea is blank.

It really does clear sometimes but sometimes it doesn't. I really didn't understand, so I captured a small video previews for you to see but I can't share it here because of some sensitive info. Can I mail them to you? I think I have your mail address.

msworld wrote:

Maian Support has never had any drag/drop operations, so if it was working before that must have been just a feature of Ubuntu?

It's really strange. Normally Ubuntu does not fully support drag&drop. Even in Drive, you have to try to find the exact spot unlike in Windows. But your attachment uploaders were flawless. Just drag and drop. No need to find the right spot so system understands you are trying to drop something. So, I am really surprised if it was Ubuntu's feature smile

I will try to find the old version, install in my localhost and send you a demonstration both in Drive and MaianSupport

msworld wrote:

Thank you. Likeswise, thank you very much for your feedback and comments. smile

At least I can do that to contribute.

#7 msworld 23-04-2020 16:45:00
evrimaltay wrote:

Oh, It happens to me all the time smile By the way forum software seems really good. Did you code it yourself?

Thanks. I took an old forum and recoded it for my own requirements. Redid the registration system to stop the bots. It's been reliable over the years.

msworld wrote:

It really does clear sometimes but sometimes it doesn't. I really didn't understand, so I captured a small video previews for you to see but I can't share it here because of some sensitive info. Can I mail them to you? I think I have your mail address.

Sure:
support@maianscriptworld.co.uk

msworld wrote:

It's really strange. Normally Ubuntu does not fully support drag&drop. Even in Drive, you have to try to find the exact spot unlike in Windows. But your attachment uploaders were flawless. Just drag and drop. No need to find the right spot so system understands you are trying to drop something. So, I am really surprised if it was Ubuntu's feature smile

I have tried it and the drag and drop does work. I actually didn't realise drag and drop did work. I modified the plugin, but must have left that in. lol. So, anyway for me it seems to be ok? Again, checked in FF, Chrome and Edge on Windows. I could boot into Linux and try it there too when I get chance. Did you try it on Windows?

#8 evrimaltay 23-04-2020 16:59:09
msworld wrote:
evrimaltay wrote:

Thanks. I took an old forum and recoded it for my own requirements. Redid the registration system to stop the bots. It's been reliable over the years.

msworld wrote:

Sure:
support@maianscriptworld.co.uk

msworld wrote:

I have tried it and the drag and drop does work. I actually didn't realise drag and drop did work. I modified the plugin, but must have left that in. lol. So, anyway for me it seems to be ok? Again, checked in FF, Chrome and Edge on Windows. I could boot into Linux and try it there too when I get chance. Did you try it on Windows?

I sent you an email.
And now, when I've tried it. It started working again. Maybe somehow I dragged too fast?
It works on Ubuntu 18.04 as well.

This forum reminds me Fluxbb smile

#9 evrimaltay 23-04-2020 17:24:20

Also, after the update I think you've forgotten to change the checksums. It may confuse someone in the future, especially after the situations like these: https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2994

rimtay@rimtay:~/Downloads$ sha1sum maian_support.zip
3da3a5d65efbe0eff36c9259708a2f90329c2978  maian_support.zip
rimtay@rimtay:~/Downloads$ md5sum maian_support.zip 
792feb5b3e8f5e3ce13c2cd5560a564a  maian_support.zip

But I don't think that hashing is not that important these days, as Tom Scott also says. Because if someone has been able to get into your website and change the software you're sending, it's pretty trivial to change that hash as well smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4b8ktEV4Bg

But I wanted to let you know anyway smile

Last edited by evrimaltay (23-04-2020 17:25:51)

#10 msworld 23-04-2020 17:48:03
evrimaltay wrote:

I sent you an email.
And now, when I've tried it. It started working again. Maybe somehow I dragged too fast?
It works on Ubuntu 18.04 as well.

lol, who knows. Glad it is working. I'll check the email soon. smile

evrimaltay wrote:

This forum reminds me Fluxbb smile

Yes, you are close. It was punBB. Which later became fluxBB. smile

#11 msworld 23-04-2020 17:52:52
evrimaltay wrote:

But I don't think that hashing is not that important these days, as Tom Scott also says. Because if someone has been able to get into your website and change the software you're sending, it's pretty trivial to change that hash as well smile

But I wanted to let you know anyway smile

Thanks, but the hashes are always correct as they are calculated automatically by the server. I don't change them manually.

Are you sure you are checking the latest zip since I updated it? I have checked them and they are ok. Maybe you are seeing the old values stuck in the browser cache?

#12 evrimaltay 23-04-2020 17:54:11

Browser cache sorry smile

#13 msworld 23-04-2020 17:57:32

No problem. smile

Board footer

Maian Script World - Free PHP Software for Personal or Business Use.
© 2003-2020 Maian Script World & David Ian Bennett.

2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller of goods and services provided by Maian Script World

Free PHP Software / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Software / White Label PHP Software