Community Forum

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 IamKangy 18-08-2019 03:06:23

I am trying to install a fresh copy of support on a new server due to having to change several days due to the cPanel price increase. Now am using Direct Admin for my websites control panel. When I attempt to install it fails. All database information is correct and I see it at the top as normal. The install error log shows the following information:

Software: Maian Support
Script Version: 4.2
PHP Version: 7.2.21
DB Version: 5.5.63-MariaDB
Server Software: Apache/2
Platform: Windows
=================================================================================
Table: msp_attachmentserr
Operation: Create
Error Code: 1046
Error Msg: No database selected
On Line: 30
In File: /home/***/domains/hydrawebservices.com/public_html/helpdesk/install/control/tables.php
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Table: msp_ban
On Line: 52
In File: /home/***/domains/hydrawebservices.com/public_html/helpdesk/install/control/tables.php
Table: msp_categories
On Line: 77
Table: msp_cusfields
On Line: 104
Table: msp_departments
On Line: 130
Table: msp_disputes
On Line: 153
Table: msp_faq
On Line: 184
Table: msp_faqassign
On Line: 207
Table: msp_faqattach
On Line: 233
Table: msp_faqdl
On Line: 253
Table: msp_imap
On Line: 286
Table: msp_imapban
On Line: 308
Table: msp_levels
On Line: 331
Table: msp_log
On Line: 354
Table: msp_mailassoc
On Line: 380
Table: msp_mailbox
On Line: 403
Table: msp_mailfolders
On Line: 424
Table: msp_mailreplies
On Line: 448
Table: msp_pages
On Line: 474
Table: msp_portal
On Line: 508
Table: msp_replies
On Line: 538
Table: msp_responses
On Line: 562
Table: msp_settings
On Line: 670
Table: msp_social
On Line: 692
Table: msp_ticketfields
On Line: 717
Table: msp_tickethistory
On Line: 741
Table: msp_tickets
On Line: 786
Table: msp_userdepts
On Line: 808
Table: msp_users
On Line: 868
Table: msp_usersaccess
On Line: 890

Last edited by IamKangy (20-08-2019 11:06:46)

#2 msworld 20-08-2019 12:50:40

Either the database info is invalid or there is an issue with your server. I can`t give you much more info I`m afraid.

Are the correct privileges set?

#3 IamKangy 20-08-2019 20:47:50

The install tells me everything is fine and I can even press the install and click OK, then it errors out.

#4 Jmatt 20-08-2019 22:00:46

Server admin for Kangy here.

You're going to run into this a lot, especially after the gaff that cPanel has done.

The source code uses mysql_* commands, which is depreciated. That's why it can't write to the database.  PHP doesn't know how.

New servers are not going to come with backward compatible or depreciated support without opening security holes, which as an admin is the last thing I want.

IMO, the source code needs to be upgraded to MySQLi commands.

So sure, "server problems" but this is a security enhancement.  I've had to update all of my code.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12859942/why-shouldnt-i-use-mysql-functions-in-php
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12020227/updating-from-mysql-to-mysqli

For reference:

[root@new-vps2 control]# php -v
PHP 7.2.21 (cli) (built: Aug 17 2019 22:43:22) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
[root@new-vps2 control]#

MariaDB [(none)]> show variables like "%version%";
+-------------------------+----------------------+
| Variable_name           | Value                |
| innodb_version          | 5.5.61-MariaDB-38.13 |
| protocol_version        | 10                   |
| slave_type_conversions  |                      |
| version                 | 5.5.63-MariaDB       |
| version_comment         | MariaDB Server       |
| version_compile_machine | x86_64               |
| version_compile_os      | Linux                |
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [(none)]>

NOTE: I only skimmed the /helpdesk/install/control/tables.php file in an attempt to see what was going on.  If I'm missing something, let me know.

Respectfully,

JM

#5 msworld 21-08-2019 01:29:06

Maian Support has already been updted for mysqli, so I assume you aren`t running the latest version? It was updated in 2015.

I would suggest you upgrade to the latest version if you need mysqli. smile

#6 IamKangy 21-08-2019 02:38:23
msworld wrote:

Maian Support has already been updted for mysqli, so I assume you aren`t running the latest version? It was updated in 2015.

I would suggest you upgrade to the latest version if you need mysqli. smile

If this is referring to me, you can see from my original post, with the error that I am trying to install v4.2 of support. So yes it is the latest version.

#7 msworld 21-08-2019 02:44:49

Sorry, JMatt confused me. smile

He said he looked at the source code, but I`m not sure what source code. 4.2 does not use mysql functions, they are deprecated. "No database selected" is all that is being returned from the database server. So, not sure what the issue could be.

#8 IamKangy 22-08-2019 08:52:15

Oh well bugger, appears I am going to have to use something else since there is no way to get this installed and running. Would have rather used this as I know the system and like it.

#9 msworld 23-08-2019 06:07:42

I`ve installed the system a few times on Direct Admin, it shouldn`t be a problem. Are you sure you have the details correct?

#10 IamKangy 23-08-2019 07:44:45

Yes, I am positive. I have checked it multiple times and it still won't install and still coming with the same error message as my first post. Even had someone else try. We even deleted and re-created the database, checked and re-checked the config file and all the database settings and password was correct.

#11 msworld 23-08-2019 07:57:55

And the connection file in Maian Support has been setup correctly?

#12 IamKangy 23-08-2019 18:30:11

Yes David, you need to also remember I have setup and used this software many times. I know what needs to be done to get it running. This is the first time I have run into this problem.

#13 msworld 24-08-2019 10:43:49

Do you have any other software installed using databases? They work ok?

#14 IamKangy 24-08-2019 16:07:44

Yes. I have 2 running WordPress sites, and IPS install, an osTicket install (that was done as a temp when couldn't get this working) so there are 4 databases that are all running perfectly fine.

#15 msworld 24-08-2019 16:23:47

Ok, good. Maian Support uses standard PHP database functions, so should be fine. Same as WP actually. If you want to send over your control panel and login details/ftp details for your support setup, I`ll take a look. I`m curious myself. smile

msworld67@gmail.com

#16 IamKangy 24-08-2019 17:52:03

Update: I thought I would try something different that I hadn't tried before. And I tried to install it under a different sub-domain. And it actually worked perfectly. So obviously there was some issue installing it under helpdesk.mywebsite.com and it worked under support.mywebsite.com.

So it is now all running fine, I will just have to make some link changes around my site, but that is no big deal and won't take long to do either. But I am so glad I have got this up and working.

Thank you for all your help with this David.

#17 IamKangy 24-08-2019 18:06:18

Furthermore, made some edits to the DB under phpmyadmin to link changes and now have it working under helpdesk.mywebsite.com ... YAY! So happy now.

#18 msworld 28-08-2019 07:40:59

Excellent. smile

Board footer

Maian Script World - Free PHP Software for Personal or Business Use.
© 2003-2019 Maian Script World & David Ian Bennett.

2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller of goods and services provided by Maian Script World

Free PHP Software / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Software / White Label PHP Software