Community Forum

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 RigPa 01-01-2019 23:34:00

I get this when I send test mails: An error occurred. Please enable the mail debug log as per the F.A.Q documentation page

And setting up mail debug does not produce "logs/cron_info.txt".

In the Dashboard / Subscribers / (mailaddr) / History it shows mails as sent but at SendGrid shows that zero mails arrives here.

I did send mails a month ago - it worked. Didn't do anything for a month and now I try to set more responders up but nothing is sent.

I suspect that I can't test with the same email address (signup) and delete it, sign up again and delete it and so on....

So I tried to sign up with a new mail and suddenly the first mail in the series were sent - but not the rest. The first is set to immediately, the rest follows with 10 min intervals. And that mail must have been a php mail as it was not sent through send grid.

Im pretty confused...

#2 msworld 02-01-2019 18:14:57

I`m also confused. lol. Maybe start from the beginning?

And setting up mail debug does not produce "logs/cron_info.txt".

I wouldn`t expect it too. I think that is the cron log. The mail debug log would be 'mail-debug-log.log'.

#3 RigPa 06-01-2019 16:02:12

I tried deleting everything, including DB and Cron jobs. Reinstalled everything following the manual carefully. VERY carefully!

First thing I do is setting SMTP using Google and send a test mail. No mail received on multiple addresses. Then I try Sendgrid as before - no mails are sent. Then I try my hosting company but no mails are sent at all. Logfiles say nothing. I use Sendgrid for other thing and no problems here.

Signing up does not send a confirmation mail either.

So I tried once again on another domain - but still no mails being sent...

I am absolutely clueless....

#4 msworld 06-01-2019 16:50:14

So the log is created, but it`s blank? You do have the mail debug enabled in the settings?

#5 RigPa 13-01-2019 21:46:51

subscribe log:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Logged: 13 January 2019 @ 21:43:43
Action/Info: Data received from standard POST method

Action/Info: Signup routine started for POST method. Data received

Action/Info: POST VARS:
Array
(
    [nm] => david
    em => fonsbo@gmail.com
    [cid] => 1
    [mthd] => post
    [nm2] => 
)

Action/Info: GET VARS:
Array
(
    [camp] => 1
)

Action/Info: Name: david  , Email: fonsbo@gmail.com, Campaign: 1

Action/Info: Duplicate check - Duplicate emails are not allowed, email address will be checked

Action/Info: Email address (fonsbo@gmail.com) already signed up for at least one campaign, but the email wasn`t verified. Showing message to visitor. No further processing will occur until activation.

Logged: 13 January 2019 @ 21:43:52
Action/Info: Valid alphanumeric resend variable (eade5cd07fb143c2a206) received.

Action/Info: Subscriber found for resend code eade5cd07fb143c2a206: "david   / fonsbo@gmail.com"

Action/Info: Send verification email to "david  ", Subject "Newsletter - Please confirm your email", Message::
Hello david  ,

Thank you for your interest in my newsletter.

To confirm your subscription, please click the following url:
https://sub.globalmarketingonline.eu/signup.php?v=eade5cd07fb143c2a206

If you did not authorise this request, please delete this email.

Kind regards,

--------------------------
www.DenRigtigeMand.dk
www.DenRigtigeMand.dk

Seems ok. The only mails that are sent are test mails and they are only sent using the Settings option in the drop down. Dropdown also has the campaign name but this option doesn't send anything.

www.sub.globalmarketingonline.eu/maian.png
www.sub.globalmarketingonline.eu/maian1.png

Why are there 2 SMTP settings (and only one in follow up messages)? And why the "- - - - -" in the drop down ?

BTW I get this error when I post:

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

"em was found without a matching /em"

So I changed (em) to "em"

#6 RigPa 13-01-2019 21:48:28

Tried gmail, my hosting company and sendgrid. Only test mails with the setting (dropdown) "Settings" would send a mail.

#7 msworld 16-01-2019 08:57:39
RigPa wrote::

Seems ok. The only mails that are sent are test mails and they are only sent using the Settings option in the drop down. Dropdown also has the campaign name but this option doesn't send anything.

Do you have the mail debug log enabled? This should send the error back from the mail server if there is one.

Why are there 2 SMTP settings (and only one in follow up messages)? And why the "- - - - -" in the drop down ?

Let me check. The --- is to force you to choose a smtp setting.

BTW I get this error when I post:

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

"em was found without a matching /em"

So I changed (em) to "em"

I`ve got no idea what that error is, sorry.

#8 msworld 16-01-2019 09:11:17

Not sure why I excluded the settings from the drop down, but that should be fixed now. If you want to update, download and replace:

admin/templates/messages.php
admin/templates/broadcasts.php

smile

#9 RigPa 18-01-2019 10:48:22

Ok - Now I'm getting a response from my mailhost:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<fonsbo@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.131.27] said:
    550-5.7.1 [46.183.139.199      14] Messages missing a valid address in
    From: 550 5.7.1 header, or having no From: header, are not accepted.
    e20si4084083lfj.107 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)

And the logfile:
www.sub.globalmarketingonline.eu/logs/imap-debug-log.log

I imagine that the test mails (that works) use the SMTP setting called "Settings" (from dropdownbox) and
the mails that doesn't work use the setting that is generated by the system and named after my campaigns... Just a wild guess and I haven't checked it.

In the log file it seems like From is empty and that is not accepted by SMTP server. And the From field is not accessible in the campaign SMTP setup as it is in the System SMTP setup.

Last edited by RigPa (18-01-2019 11:11:27)

#10 msworld 20-01-2019 06:44:46

What do you have the 'from' address set to for your smtp settings?

Yes, it cannot be empty. Most servers require the 'from' address to be a local address.

Board footer

Maian Script World - Free PHP Software for Personal or Business Use.
© 2003-2019 Maian Script World & David Ian Bennett.

2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller of goods and services provided by Maian Script World

Free PHP Software / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Software / White Label PHP Software