Community Forum

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 y3000 18-07-2018 14:35:45

Email Digest not working when Email Notifications disabled
Even when mail notifications are disabled it could be wanted to receive mail digest mails - for that there are two settings wink I think the following code ist not necessary in email-digest.php: `notify` = 'yes'

New tickets, no replies / Tickets awaiting staff response / Tickets awaiting visitor response =>  reported even if tickets not assigned to the specific supporter
Following line has to be replaced at every occurrence:

" . (!empty($dept) ? 'AND (`department` IN(' . mswSQL(implode(',', $dept)) . ') OR FIND_IN_SET(\'' . $USERS->id . '\', `assignedto`) > 0)' : '') . "

with

" . (!empty($dept) ? 'AND (FIND_IN_SET(\'' . $USERS->id . '\', `assignedto`) > 0) OR (`department` IN(' . mswSQL(implode(',', $dept)) . ') AND `assignedto`=\'\')' : '') . "	

Errors "Trying to get property 'tickno' of non-object" and "Trying to get property 'ticketID' of non-object"
Line 151: mswDigestLog() is outside while-block

#2 msworld 19-07-2018 05:54:54

>> Email Digest not working when Email Notifications disabled

I may add an option in the future to have a different setting, but for now, disabling notifications also disables email digest, which is correct.

>> New tickets, no replies / Tickets awaiting staff response / Tickets awaiting visitor response =>  reported even if tickets not assigned to the specific supporter

That updated query makes no sense to me as it contradicts itself. The `assignedto` field can`t evaluate to two separate things. It can`t be greater than 0 and blank. lol. Shouldn`t it be:

" . (!empty($dept) ? 'AND ((FIND_IN_SET(\'' . $USERS->id . '\', `assignedto`) > 0) OR (`department` IN(' . mswSQL(implode(',', $dept)) . ')) OR `assignedto`=\'\')' : '') . "

I`ll revise the email digest in the next update. I had considered removing it in favour of a live screen option that auto refreshes with the open tickets. Might be better for mobiles / tablets?

>> Errors "Trying to get property 'tickno' of non-object" and "Trying to get property 'ticketID' of non-object"

Great, thanks. smile

#3 y3000 19-07-2018 06:48:37

Email Digest not working when Email Notifications disabled
I thought the existing options for email digest (staff > Other Options > Email Digest > Enable Email Digest) and mail notification (Staff > Other Options > Email Settings > Enable Email Notifications) are intended for this case:

I want mail notification but no mail digest => mail digest [-] / mail notification [x]
I want no mail notification but mail digest => mail digest [x] / mail notification [-]
I want both mail notification and mail digest => mail digest [x] / mail notification [x]
I want no mail notification and no mail digest => mail digest [-] / mail notification [-]

New tickets, no replies / Tickets awaiting staff response / Tickets awaiting visitor response =>  reported even if tickets not assigned to the specific supporter
No no, this updated query works perfectly (in my query there is a AND before `assignedto`=\'\' and not an OR) ... at least for us wink

When the supporter is assigned to an department !empty($dept)
=> the query shows only tickets which are assigned to the supporter (FIND_IN_SET(\'' . $USERS->id . '\', `assignedto`) > 0)
=> OR are assigned to his department but are not assigned to a specific supporter (when manual ticket assignment is disabled) (`department` IN(' . mswSQL(implode(',', $dept)) . ') AND `assignedto`=\'\')
=> I used `assignedto`=\'\' instead of FIND_IN_SET() because I don't want ticket listed here which are waiting for assignment.

Example: We are three supporters in the department "Software". Without the updated query I (for example) get a list with all new tickets with no replies - even if the tickets are not assigned to me => But I only wants to know which of mine new tickets with no replies waiting for action.

The "live screen option" sounds very nice and if it is structered like the email digest it would be a great feature smile

#4 msworld 19-07-2018 07:24:13

I thought the existing options for email digest (staff > Other Options > Email Digest > Enable Email Digest) and mail notification (Staff > Other Options > Email Settings > Enable Email Notifications) are intended for this case

No, the email digest option enables / disables the digest. Notifications are separate. I kind of figured, why would someone want notifications off but the digest on. But as you have mentioned it, I`ll add it separately next time. smile

No no, this updated query works perfectly (in my query there is a AND before `assignedto`=\'\' and not an OR) ... at least for us

No problem.

The "live screen option" sounds very nice and if it is structered like the email digest it would be a great feature

Thanks, just trying to think of better options for smaller devices as well as general useful features. I get a lot of feedback asking me to build a native app, but honestly, it`s not worth the time and hassle. And sourcing it out is too expensive. That said, I won`t totally rule it out at some point.

#5 y3000 19-07-2018 07:44:09

The trend is goint to Progressive Web Apps (PWA), so maybe you can add some features like push notications in the future but I am with you and don't think a native app is really necessary smile

Just a short explenation why we disable mail notication but wanting email digest though wink We want to reduce mails popping in while work to reduce interruptions of the staff. So we don't want the ticket system to inform the supporter about every new ticket, replies and so on. But the supporters shall informed at least twice a day in a structured way about needed actions.

Just for me to understand: What happens currently when email digest ist enabled and email notifications disabled?

#6 msworld 19-07-2018 08:09:36

The trend is goint to Progressive Web Apps (PWA), so maybe you can add some features like push notications in the future but I am with you and don't think a native app is really necessary

Yeah, I`ve been reading up on PWA. Another layer of headaches for everyone. lol. And once that is in place, Google will come up with something else. I like to think these things keep development interesting, but not always the case.

Just for me to understand: What happens currently when email digest ist enabled and email notifications disabled?

The default would be the digest is only received if enabled and notifications are enabled. If notifications are disabled, no digest is received. You are the first to mention this actually, so I guess for most people it`s ok, or they don`t bother using the digest. As I don`t get much feedback about it, I don`t bother with it much, so thanks for the feedback.

Board footer

Maian Script World - Free PHP Software for Personal or Business Use.
© 2003-2018 Maian Script World & David Ian Bennett.

2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller of goods and services provided by Maian Script World

Free PHP Software / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Software / White Label PHP Software