Community Forum

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 hamada 29-12-2017 15:01:09

The files in the root of the site such as close-ticket.php, db-backup.php and email-direst.php are accessible to anyone and do execute. Example: anyone can initiate a database backup. Is that normal?

#2 msworld 29-12-2017 15:20:19

It`s not a security issue as these files return no identifiable server data to the person executing them.

If you prefer, you can rename them. Note that if you rename the 'close-tickets.php' file and you are using also running the 'email-digest.php' file you need to add the new name for the close tickets file on line 33 of the email digest file:

include(PATH . 'close-tickets.php');

As the close ops run before the digest is triggered. This isn`t required in the new version (3.7), released in Jan.

#3 hamada 29-12-2017 15:57:39

Understood. Thanks for the tip. I will probably end up protecting them with some sort of a required session variable or querystring so they don't execute at all unless some conditions are met. Honestly, we have not looked at the code yet. Just purchased the software yesterday and started playing around with it and adding content.

#4 msworld 29-12-2017 16:02:33

Makes sense. I will put a note in the docs about renaming the files, it is a good idea, so thanks for mentioning the cron files.

Hope you like the software. New version in Jan which is much better (I think) and is of course free to buyers.

Don`t forget to contact me via the licence centre if you have urgent issues. It might be a few days before I reply on the forum. smile

#5 hamada 29-12-2017 16:23:01

I did submit a bug via the license center, but did not mark urgent. It has to do with disabling multiple votes not working at all and a suggestion about having some sort of redirect or visual feedback when a new category or question is successfully inserted.

#6 hamada 29-12-2017 16:24:37

I love the software. You guys really nailed it with the tickets becoming disputes. Really clever.

#7 msworld 29-12-2017 16:34:56

Great, thank you very much. smile

Not had too much feedback with the dispute system. Maybe I can use your comment as a testimonial?

I did submit a bug via the license center, but did not mark urgent. It has to do with disabling multiple votes not working at all and a suggestion about having some sort of redirect or visual feedback when a new category or question is successfully inserted.

Ok, great, I got that one ok. Should all be sorted in 3.7.

#8 hamada 29-12-2017 17:18:18
msworld wrote::

Not had too much feedback with the dispute system. Maybe I can use your comment as a testimonial.

Sure thing! Trust me on this, please improve upon it if you can. As far as I know, not a single Help Desk app has this feature and it is exactly what I was looking for. I found you through specific search engines searches. I went through a dozen trials of big name Help Desk SaaS services and none of them supported sharing a ticket between two customers. Your niche market is not limited to gaming sites, but more importantly to e-commerce marketplaces like myself where you can easily have daily disputes between buyers and sellers. I am glad I found your company and will sure stick around for along time to come.

#9 msworld 30-12-2017 04:06:48

Thank you very very much. smile

The dispute system was an idea sent to me by a guy who runs a gaming site. I liked the idea and had it implemented. If you have any ideas or improvements for it, please let me know. Always good to get ideas from people who actually use the functions.

Thanks for letting me use your comment as a testimonial, really appreciate it. smile

Board footer

Maian Script World - Free PHP Software for Personal or Business Use.
© 2003-2018 Maian Script World & David Ian Bennett.

2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller of goods and services provided by Maian Script World