Support Forums

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 hansyland 11-11-2017 11:15:56

Hi, I´m Hansy from marathonrally.com. We decided to work with your events script, installed it and changed the design in our corporate design. Because we bought many scripts and never heard again from the sellers, I want to contact you by this way... because we want to purchase a license, but we found a bug... (optically) and HAVE a bug in the system.

Ok, Bug in the design: If there is an event, on the right top you announce the contact person. BUT: The "Contact Person" is manually written as text in an .php file. After some research we found the file and line and corrected it, so now as "Contact Person" there will be now shown the real contact person and you can email her. We can send you the file if you want.

Now to the BIG BUG... we can´t find the error.

First - the system itself is working, but : The users get an error message.

Ok. if a user will add an event, everything is working fine... and when he press on "send" there is the following error message on a white blank page:

---

The "email" payment parameter is missing and is required, please update your payment parameter settings. Refer to the docs for assistance.

---

But the system is working. Event is in our system and we can approve it and after that it´s online and the user gets a confirmation via email.

NOW THE SECOND BIG PROBLEM:

We tried to find our what the system wants from us. So we found the Admin Password and Username in the "Plans section" and renamed it. AFTER THAT, USERS CAN´T ADD EVENTS ANYMORE... SYSTEM ASKING FOR PASSWORD.

So we deleted all the admin username and password stuff (the system automaticall added them again) but now it was working for the Users.

Cost me some hours haha ;-)

So would be great to hear from you. Best via Email:

hansy@exq.be

Note: When we purchase, we need an invoice. Is this possible?

Best regards,
Hansy Schekahn

#2 msworld 12-11-2017 16:40:50
hansyland wrote::

Hi, I´m Hansy from marathonrally.com. We decided to work with your events script, installed it and changed the design in our corporate design. Because we bought many scripts and never heard again from the sellers, I want to contact you by this way... because we want to purchase a license, but we found a bug... (optically) and HAVE a bug in the system.

No problem, I`m not one of the sellers you will never hear from smile I understand your concerns because I`ve also been a victim of rogue sellers in the past. sad

Ok, Bug in the design: If there is an event, on the right top you announce the contact person. BUT: The "Contact Person" is manually written as text in an .php file. After some research we found the file and line and corrected it, so now as "Contact Person" there will be now shown the real contact person and you can email her. We can send you the file if you want.

Yes, please do, because I don`t understand what you mean. Email it to me at: support@maianscriptworld.co.uk

Now to the BIG BUG... we can´t find the error.

Because it`s not a BIG BUG. I don`t think so anyway. smile

Ok. if a user will add an event, everything is working fine... and when he press on "send" there is the following error message on a white blank page:

Do you have a plan set up with an event cost? If you do, the error is correct. If a cost is set, it will trigger a Paypal payment and the email parameter is missing as the error states. smile

NOW THE SECOND BIG PROBLEM: We tried to find our what the system wants from us. So we found the Admin Password and Username in the "Plans section" and renamed it. AFTER THAT, USERS CAN´T ADD EVENTS ANYMORE... SYSTEM ASKING FOR PASSWORD.

I don`t see any big problem. And NO NEED TO TYPE IN CAPITALS. My eyes are working just fine. lol.

Just curious, but have you read the docs? Because there is no user / pass related to plans, there is in the settings, but this is if you want to password protect the add events page. It sounds like you have enabled password protection for adding events, hence the need for a password. As it states in the docs:

"Set a username and a password if you want the add event page password protected. Useful for giving only certain people the ability to submit events. "

It sounds to me like you are trying to guess how the system works without looking at the help files? lol. That might make things confusing.

And finally, yes, a receipt is available for download after purchase via my licence centre, so no problems there.

#3 hansyland 13-11-2017 08:36:39

Thanks for the fast reply and answers. I´ve send you an email with the details :-)

#4 msworld 13-11-2017 08:58:56

Thank you, I will reply very soon. smile

The "Joe Bloggs" issue is very embarassing actually, that is now fixed. No one spotted it, not me, no beta testers etc. My god, I`ll get a set of extra strength glasses made for everyone Thanks for letting me know.

Board footer