Support Forums

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 iandouglas 30-10-2017 22:21:02

I have just upgraded my Maian Cart to v3.3 and when I now try to log into my admin area I get a box pop up with the error message Your IP is not permitted to access our system. How do I get round this error?

Also, not sure if this is related, but at the top of the login page I get two error lines appear saying: An error has occurred. For more details please view "logs/errors.log".

When I view the error log I see:

[Date/Time: 30 October 2017 @ 22:10PM]
[Error on line 34 in file /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/control/modules/system/portal.php]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[Error Code: 8] Use of undefined constant RESTRICT_BY_IP - assumed 'RESTRICT_BY_IP'

[Date/Time: 30 October 2017 @ 22:10PM]
[Error on line 35 in file /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/control/modules/system/portal.php]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[Error Code: 8] Use of undefined constant RESTRICT_BY_IP - assumed 'RESTRICT_BY_IP'

#2 msworld 31-10-2017 04:32:46

Sorry Ian, my mistake. To fix, open the 'admin/control/access.php' file and add the following:

define('RESTRICT_BY_IP', '');

Also, try not to post server paths on public forums. Don`t make it easy for hackers. smile

#3 iandouglas 31-10-2017 09:33:32

Thanks for the advice Ian. I added the line you said but still got the 2 errors:

Use of undefined constant RESTRICT_BY_IP - assumed 'RESTRICT_BY_IP'

I also tried adding my IP address between the quotes but this still generated the errors. Then I studied your answer more carefully and noticed that you have said that I should be editing admin/control/access.php and remembered that I sussed out yesterday that I had to rename connect.php after the upgrade!

Are you aware that the files are actually called  control/connect.inc.php and   admin/control/access.inc.php on old installations of Maian Cart so my upgraded version could not find them? I renamed the files removing the .inc from the file names and I can now find my databases and also log in.

Thanks,
Ian.

#4 msworld 01-11-2017 16:43:43

Ah, that makes sense. OK, thanks Ian, I`ll add that to the upgrade notes. smile

Board footer