Support Forums

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 axalele 23-10-2017 07:52:46

First off, congrats on an excellent product!

I have been through various posts in this forum but everyone should understand that opting not to pay means you are basically on your own. Read the documentation and you will figure most of the staff out easily.

Now, one thing I have not been able to tackle is the fact that some (not all) of the tickets created via email on my installation appear garbled. I use it to serve Greek customers so the issue is with Greek. It is not related to a particular email vendor (e.g. gmail, outlook etc) so not sure what I am looking for.

I read that the engine does its best to try and take care of the email encoding so all I need is a pointer on where to look for that. I would probably be able to make a few changes myself to accommodate my audience.

Cheers!

#2 msworld 25-10-2017 16:40:54
axalele wrote::

First off, congrats on an excellent product!

Thank you. New version soon. smile

I have been through various posts in this forum but everyone should understand that opting not to pay means you are basically on your own. Read the documentation and you will figure most of the staff out easily.

This forum offers free support, so you aren`t exactly on your own. smile

axalele wrote::

Now, one thing I have not been able to tackle is the fact that some (not all) of the tickets created via email on my installation appear garbled. I use it to serve Greek customers so the issue is with Greek. It is not related to a particular email vendor (e.g. gmail, outlook etc) so not sure what I am looking for.

I read that the engine does its best to try and take care of the email encoding so all I need is a pointer on where to look for that. I would probably be able to make a few changes myself to accommodate my audience

The imap class file has all the code you need.
control/classes/class.imap.php

It seems that the PHP imap functions are pretty unreliable. I keep changing settings, but for some languages it keeps displaying poorly. Moving the encoding settings around in the 'mimeEncode' function might helps, so let me know.

#3 axalele 26-10-2017 11:54:43

Thanks David.

I will have a go and see where that gets me.

Will post again if I find a solution

Regards

#4 msworld 28-10-2017 09:38:09

Yes, please do. There will be a few changes in 3.7 related to the imap settings, but always happy to receive feedback. smile

Board footer