Support Forums

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 turbo2ltr 26-07-2017 20:28:57

For the love of linux, please reconsider the posting back of DB and login credentials in plain text during the installation script!  Just bad form all together. Fortunately for me the install domain has SSL.  I mean if you are not on SSL, I understand your admin password will be transmitted in plain text when you set it, but there is zero reason to be sending the DB credentials over.  I just set them in the file as per the instructions and it's 25 random characters. Even if it was wrong, I wouldn't know by looking at it..

Just my $0.02.

I still have my fingers crossed that Maian Support will be the last helpdesk package I have to evaluate because I'm really tired of searching and being disappointed.

-Mike

#2 turbo2ltr 26-07-2017 22:17:16

You have a nice package here. The UI is definitely one of the nicer ones I've seen.  The UX can be a little confusing here and there, but still better than most of them out there.  Once you learn it, it's not bad. Probably the biggest weirdness is when adding a new record.  You click add and it says it added it, but if you then go to a different tab and change something in that record and want to save the changes, you only have an add button. If you click it you get a duplicate record error.  After the add, the form should clear, you should get redirected to the view of the newly created record, or redirected to the list.

I found the system to have some decent features and very good documentation (osTicket has literally 3 short wiki pages, it was VERY frustrating) so I am grateful to see that.   My concerns are that it seems to be lacking in the actual ticket feature department, which is core to the whole thing.

The two largest missing features for us: (and please correct me if I'm wrong)
There does not appear to be any concept of ticket ownership.  Knowing who is responsible for a ticket is core to our workflow. It helps us make sure nothing falls through the cracks, which has been an issue in the past.

And there is no way to make internal notes in the ticket.  I want to be able to make an "inline" internal reply so staff can read through everything that happened on the ticket chronologically without having to load the "notes". Having "Found customer's BOL, waiting to hear from shipping company" inline makes much more sense than to put it in the separate notes section.  We also use internal replies when assigning tickets to other people.  If a customer needs a replacement, I will create an internal note summarizing what needs to be sent and where and assign it to the warehouse people.

I like that it keeps track of which tickets are waiting for a reply from staff and which are waiting for a reply from the customer. You would be surprised (or maybe not) how many helpdesks don't do this!! It is key to an efficient workflow for staff.  But there doesn't seem to be a way to override this.. i.e. a customer replies "ok I'll do ____ on ____".. We don't need to reply as we are waiting on them to do what they said they would do, but it would be in the "waiting on support team" with no way to mark it otherwise.

Your license fee is extremely reasonable. I hope you consider adding these features in the near future.

-Mike

#3 msworld 27-07-2017 04:39:46

Hi Mike,

For the love of linux, please reconsider the posting back of DB and login credentials in plain text during the installation script!  Just bad form all together.....but there is zero reason to be sending the DB credentials over.  I just set them in the file as per the instructions and it's 25 random characters. Even if it was wrong, I wouldn't know by looking at it..

Sorry, I don`t follow. What do you mean? The database credentials are not form transmitted.

You have a nice package here. The UI is definitely one of the nicer ones I've seen.

Thank you. smile

Probably the biggest weirdness is when adding a new record.  You click add and it says it added it, but if you then go to a different tab and change something in that record and want to save the changes, you only have an add button. If you click it you get a duplicate record error.  After the add, the form should clear, you should get redirected to the view of the newly created record, or redirected to the list.

Yep, you are right about that, it`s not great. I will improve it in a future version.

There does not appear to be any concept of ticket ownership.  Knowing who is responsible for a ticket is core to our workflow. It helps us make sure nothing falls through the cracks, which has been an issue in the past.

Tickets can be assigned to staff so long as the assign option is enabled for a department. If it is and a ticket is opened, it would be awaiting assignment.

And there is no way to make internal notes in the ticket.  I want to be able to make an "inline" internal reply so staff can read through everything that happened on the ticket chronologically without having to load the "notes".

You can add notes, but not as a reply. The ticket history is shown in admin on the ticket view page, this details all the actions.

I like that it keeps track of which tickets are waiting for a reply from staff and which are waiting for a reply from the customer. You would be surprised (or maybe not) how many helpdesks don't do this!! It is key to an efficient workflow for staff.  But there doesn't seem to be a way to override this.. i.e. a customer replies "ok I'll do ____ on ____".. We don't need to reply as we are waiting on them to do what they said they would do, but it would be in the "waiting on support team" with no way to mark it otherwise.

Yes, true. I may add this in a future version too.

Your license fee is extremely reasonable. I hope you consider adding these features in the near future.

Thanks Mike, appreciate it. I`m sorry it`s not quite what you are looking for at the moment.

I have a really big feedback list for the system, so loads more features are on the way. I want to extend the API too, which is possibly the most requested feature.

Maian Support has got a little more complex over the years, so I can understand it`s not so easy at first glance. sad It`s a bigger headache keeping things tidy for mobiles.

I`ve added your suggestions to my list anyway, so thanks for your comments, appreciate it.

#4 turbo2ltr 31-07-2017 16:11:38

Just a point of reference, we are using HelpdeskMX plugin for Magento (but we are going away from Magento so we need a new helpdesk).  It has a comprehensive "workflow rules" creation. It's extremely flexible...I didn't realize just how flexible until I went looking at other Helpdesk packages. They have a list of triggers and a list of things you can do, and you can glue any combination together with logic. I have not seen any other package have this (yet).. In any case, instead of adding individual features, a workflow system like this might take longer, but gives customers more options in the long run.. Just a thought.

#5 msworld 01-08-2017 12:22:26

Thanks for the info. Doesn`t sound like Maian Support is what you need.

Board footer