Support Forums

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 LEDneotoxicity 06-07-2017 03:48:43

I am installing this support desk system on a publicly available website and having issues with the DB_HOST configuration.  If I leave it as localhost, it works ONLY on the local server, when then someone accesses URL/support from a different location, it changes the URL to localhost/support and does not connect.  If I configure the DB_HOST as my URL, it just gives the error "Code: 2002 Error: Connection refused".  What ports are required for this to work?  How should I configure my domain name in the DB_HOST?

#2 msworld 06-07-2017 04:01:20

I`m not even sure what the problem might be, the database server shouldn`t affect redirects. If it does, that`s a serious server issue.

The software just needs a database, that`s all. It doesn`t require any specific ports.

#3 LEDneotoxicity 06-07-2017 16:11:41

For anyone else experiencing this issue, I discovered it's a problem with MySQL binding only 127.0.0.1 which can be changed by commenting out "bind 127.0.0.1" in /etc/mysql/my.cnf. Also, MySQL needs to be configured to allow external access. Apparently these were recent changes to the MySQL code.

#4 msworld 06-07-2017 16:22:37

Thanks for sharing. smile

Good to know, it would have took me awhile to figure that out.

Board footer