Support Forums

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 dwmthomas 20-04-2017 09:30:19

Morning,

Firstly thank you for such a great product. I downloaded this earlier in the week and have been testing solidly for the past few days. I have got everything exactly as I want but am experiencing an issue with the email notifications that should be sent when a ticket is updated or closed.

If I am logged in to the admin area as the master admin account and reply to or update a ticket then the user will receive an email to say that the ticket has been updated. However if I am logged in as any other member of the support staff and do the same thing no notification email is received by the user to say that their ticket has been updated.

I can not see any difference in the way that the users have been set up. All of the settings for SMTP have been entered correctly and appear to be working as the emails are sent when using the master admin account (which incidentally has the same email address as the one used in the SMTP settings).

We are using Exchange Online (Office 365) for our email.

The SMTP settings are as follows:

SMTP Host - smtp.office365.com
Username - <email address>
Password - <password>
Port - 587
Security - TLS

The only difference appears to be that the other support staff have different email addresses to the one used in the SMTP settings for the site. Would the system be trying to send email notifications from the email addresses associated with the support staff rather than from the main SMTP account?

Any help on this would be appreciated as other than this it is a fantastic system. Hopefully this is just something simple.

David

#2 msworld 21-04-2017 08:06:35

Hey David,

Glad you like Maian Support. smile

The first thing to check is if the system is actually trying to send something. So, make sure the smtp debug logging is enabled in the smtp settings, then check the logs folder to see if the system has tried to send any messages to staff. If it hasn`t, is notification enabled for each staff member?

Board footer