Support Forums

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 LIBERTYGUY 31-01-2017 14:41:59

I have been waiting for the responsive version of Maian Cart to come out and am finally glad it here. smile

Have only played with the online demo yet, as been tied up with other things. On the checkout flow (as it stands), the user puts all their billing and address details, but then appears to have to put all this information again for shipping?  Shouldn't there be an option button along the lines of 'use billing address for shipping' so the customer doesn't have to type all this information out again? 

I am using the online demo, using guest checkout and Google Chrome as the browser.  Couldn't see anything in the admin panel that would allow this to be implemented, as makes for an overlong and unfriendly checkout process else.

#2 KHWebDev 31-01-2017 15:53:20

On the shipping section next to the "Shipping Name" there is a icon that looks like 2 pieces of paper (generally considered as copy or paste) if you click it the billing details will be copied into the shipping details.

h6fmM8.jpg

Hope this helps tongue

#3 msworld 02-02-2017 06:55:25

I have been waiting for the responsive version of Maian Cart to come out and am finally glad it here

Me too. smile Thanks.

I am using the online demo, using guest checkout and Google Chrome as the browser.  Couldn't see anything in the admin panel that would allow this to be implemented, as makes for an overlong and unfriendly checkout process else.

It`s as KHWebDev kindly posted above. I`m surprised you missed it? lol.

#4 LIBERTYGUY 02-02-2017 15:35:01

Hi David, if I missed it, I am sure that many potential shoppers would too. sad 

What would be good, is for a clearly signposted  'Use Billing Address' checkbox, as in other carts. After all, we all want to keep the checkout process, smooth, clear and avoid cart abandonment by customers. smile

Apart from that one thing, the cart is looking good and is a credit to you. big_smile

#5 msworld 03-02-2017 03:08:07

Thank you. smile

Ok, thanks for the feedback. You can always change it if you want to via the templates. I may update it in the next revision. smile

#6 LIBERTYGUY 20-02-2017 08:27:54

Hi David. Have found time to explore the version 3.0 of Maian Cart a little bit more,

The only real negative I can find, is that the whole checkout process seems way too protracted.  Ideally it all wants to be on one page, which is the way many other carts have gone now. 

For example if I check out as a guest with Maian Cart, I have a total of seven pages presented to me before I get to purchase. yikes 

I've had a look on the admin panel and I can't see any obvious way of reducing that long trek for potential buyers. I can't even turn off the requirement where it asks for a phone number, which is something many retail customers simply don't want to supply.

From a practical point of view, most shop owners want a rapid way for their customers to pay.  Not unlike the original version of Maian Cart.  I am hoping the next version addresses the over long checkout process, as it the only thing spoiling a potentially good cart at the moment.

#7 msworld 20-02-2017 08:56:36

Thanks for the feedback smile

Sadly, I agree with you about the checkout routines. I try different things and see how they pan out, but I realised myself the checkout option had a bit too much going on. By that time it was too late to change it, so I left it as it was for the release. To be honest, Maian Cart has got way too complicated, I never should have added so many things, but it is what it is.

At the moment I`m not sure what direction I`ll go in with the cart. I might decide to strip it down to the basics again. I`ll see what other feedback I get.

Appreciate you checking it out anyway.

#8 LIBERTYGUY 20-02-2017 14:25:26

To be honest David, a lot of us shop users look for simplicity in a cart. smile The original Maian Cart the very first version one only had one shortfall, that was it didn't allow customers to specify a location to get a shipping rate BEFORE going to PayPal. (a simple three or four defined zones would have sufficed).  In every other respect, it offered one of the quickest checkout options of ANY cart out there and was a real breeze for shop customers to use.  Simple, sturdy and easy to setup and use. It had everything going for it.

If I was designing a cart for today's smaller operator (i.e. shops with typically less than 250 items), I'd go for a no frills basic cart, like your version one, obviously responsive to accommodate folks using smartphones and tablets to browse now.  I'd have it as PayPal only and use a simple flat file database.  If folks wanted 'extra bells and whistles' then have those available as paid modules at a low price, to create a steady income stream.

I am always happy to give feedback on products.  It's sometimes good to see one's own enterprises from a different angle.. wink

#9 msworld 20-02-2017 15:33:46

I agree with your comments. That`s why I`m thinking of taking an older version, bringing it up to date and releasing it as something else. An alternative to Maian Cart, smaller and easier to use. I agree about Paypal, that`s all most people want these days. So, watch this space.

I don`t want to abandon Maian Cart because I get some really great feedback for it. I can see for some people, its a good solution. But something simpler and easier is definitely needed.

#10 LIBERTYGUY 25-02-2017 10:39:40

I actually found out an old copy of your version one of Maian Cart David and ran it in my xampp environment.  Other than not having a responsive layout (essential nowadays) and no facility for the customer to enter their location so shipping could be calculated before getting taken to PayPal (again essential if you have more than one site with PayPal), the checkout process was ultra swift.

Looking at it realistically, the vast majority of smaller shops have visitors that number in the hundreds rather than in the thousands and have sales figures that don't need high levels of order tracking or inventory control.  PayPal after all sends a confirmation to the shop owner that they have received funds.  Most shipping only needs a hidden weight for each product and the ability to set up three or four delivery zones, such as own country, surrounding country and international.  I have come across carts that successfully use flat file databases rather than sql, without any concerns about deprecated features in future editions of mysql.

I equate a lot of shopping carts with Microsoft Word.  Most of us just want something to write a letter with 98 percent of the other features never getting used. big_smile

#11 msworld 25-02-2017 11:02:15
LIBERTYGUY wrote::

I actually found out an old copy of your version one of Maian Cart David and ran it in my xampp environment.  Other than not having a responsive layout (essential nowadays) and no facility for the customer to enter their location so shipping could be calculated before getting taken to PayPal (again essential if you have more than one site with PayPal), the checkout process was ultra swift.

Good to see it still works. Possibly wouldn`t on PHP7, but not sure really. smile

Looking at it realistically, the vast majority of smaller shops have visitors that number in the hundreds rather than in the thousands and have sales figures that don't need high levels of order tracking or inventory control.  PayPal after all sends a confirmation to the shop owner that they have received funds.  Most shipping only needs a hidden weight for each product and the ability to set up three or four delivery zones, such as own country, surrounding country and international.  I have come across carts that successfully use flat file databases rather than sql, without any concerns about deprecated features in future editions of mysql.

I equate a lot of shopping carts with Microsoft Word.  Most of us just want something to write a letter with 98 percent of the other features never getting used.

Yep, I agree. And I learned my lesson with Maian Cart. Plus I don`t want to be working on things that take so long to finish. These days I`m focusing on projects I can write, complete and release in 4/6 weeks. So, yep, for sure, there will be smaller e-commerce options on the way here at MSWorld. smile

#12 LIBERTYGUY 25-02-2017 11:25:45
msworld wrote::

Plus I don`t want to be working on things that take so long to finish. These days I`m focusing on projects I can write, complete and release in 4/6 weeks. So, yep, for sure, there will be smaller e-commerce options on the way here at MSWorld. smile

Looking from a shopkeepers perspective a lightweight cart only needs the following.

1. Responsive template
2. Weight based shipping with definable zones.
3. Paypal only.

Only refinement might be a 'use same delivery address as my paypal account' checkbox at the top of a simple delivery address page. (In the same way PayPal Shop Maker used to do.).  Other than that, there are heavy duty open source carts out there for the heavy duty users.

If you want a 'down to earth' beta tester for it nearer the time, let me know.... smile

Last edited by LIBERTYGUY (25-02-2017 13:09:38)

#13 msworld 27-02-2017 16:17:07

If you want a 'down to earth' beta tester for it nearer the time, let me know.... smile

Thanks, appreciate it. And I agree with your comments. smile

#14 msworld 10-03-2017 06:16:36

Just a heads up to let you know Maian Pal will be available soon:
http://www.maianpal.com/

This is kind of what Maian Cart should have been before I started going over the top. That said, the comments for Maian Cart have been quite favourable, so it does suit some people. But not the ones looking for a simple option.

So, Maian Pal only supports Paypal. It won`t have quite the feature set for some, but I`m sure it will be useful.

Estimated beta sometime in April. smile

#15 LIBERTYGUY 15-03-2017 19:26:58

Estimated beta sometime in April. smile

I am certain the new lightweight Main Pal will be extremely popular David and a great platform for drawing attention to your other products. smile

Lean, lightweight and fit for purpose - what's not to like.

One feature suggestion (the only one) is to possibly have minimum purchase quantities per item that is also enforced in the cart.  Just a few extra lines of code, but would make the cart  suitable for trade and wholesale as well as retail then. Keeps the simplicity but adds the versatility.

Maian Pal will be a sure fire hit for you.. It's what's missing from the whole ecommerce scene..

#16 msworld 16-03-2017 07:53:58

I am certain the new lightweight Main Pal will be extremely popular David and a great platform for drawing attention to your other products

Thanks. smile

One feature suggestion (the only one) is to possibly have minimum purchase quantities per item that is also enforced in the cart.  Just a few extra lines of code, but would make the cart  suitable for trade and wholesale as well as retail then. Keeps the simplicity but adds the versatility.

No problem, I will add that in. Thanks for the suggestion.

Maian Pal will be a sure fire hit for you.. It's what's missing from the whole ecommerce scene..

Ok, great. If it goes well I`ll duplicate it for other gateways. 2Checkout etc.

Thanks for all the comments. I had planned this later in the year, but after reading your kind words, I realise it makes sense I should bring development forward. I do still get emails from people asking me for the old v1* version of Maian Cart, so I do understand complicated isn`t always good. smile

#17 stuelli 19-05-2017 23:42:33

Sounds like what I need. How are you coming along with this?

#18 stuelli 19-05-2017 23:57:56

You can always change it if you want to via the templates. I may update it in the next revision. smile

For anyone following this topic and wants to know WHERE in the templates, it is:
content/language/english/payment.php
look for:
$chk_account = array
and around line 52, change:
'Shipping Name',
to:
'Shipping Name (Click the icon to use Billing details as Shipping details)', (Or similar, use your own wording)

#19 msworld 20-05-2017 09:00:41

Sounds like what I need. How are you coming along with this?

It`s now in beta, so coming soon. smile

Board footer