Support Forums

If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 JRV 29-11-2016 01:02:21

Hi David,

Importing or adding tracks via the folder selection is timing out for some reason. I have increased the servers php max execution time, post and upload, no change. I exported the music  csv file and have created an upload csv file for the failed collection that works and relinkes the previews/secure, but what I am finding when I export the music csv file again is that the exported csv is collecting the failed uploads and marking them collection '0'.

Q. Do I need to clean the database to get ride of ghost collections?
Q. Any suggestions on server adjusments to correct the upload via folder error?

Thank you for your time. Best regards, Joel

Last edited by JRV (29-11-2016 01:03:00)

#2 msworld 29-11-2016 05:16:53

Hi Joel,

Sorry to hear you have had problems.

Yes, going into the DB will be the best way of clearing the unwanted collections. I`m not sure of the timeout reason. How many files are you adding at any one time?

#3 JRV 29-11-2016 13:23:13

Hey David,

I'm adding about 138 files (sound effects) to a music collection. I can't tell if it's failing because of the number of files or the size of the folder. Hmmm.

Thanks for the reply. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Best,

Joel

#4 JRV 29-11-2016 14:27:31

FYI. Just tried creating a spreadsheet by hand will all the files and tried to import the .csv file using 'import music tracks' also fails.

Unless the is another work around or adjustment to WHM or software, it looks like I may have to break the collections into smaller parts.

Thank you.

Joel

#5 JRV 29-11-2016 16:49:06

Okay, I broke the collection in two. Also noticed that I picked up a semicolon instead of a comma in the csv was causing the csv import to fail. Trying to import via the collection/folder selection still fails, but I have the work around. Haven't tried a full circle buy and download test yet.

Thanks again for your earlier response.

Joel

Last edited by JRV (30-11-2016 01:55:59)

#6 msworld 30-11-2016 04:28:44

It might be because of the GetID3 MP3 tag reader plugin as it needs to read all the MP3 data of each file,

You can test this by disabling it. So, open 'control/defined.php' and set....

define('READ_MP3_TAGS', 1);

to 0...

define('READ_MP3_TAGS', 0);

#7 JRV 30-11-2016 13:30:21

Cool. Will do and will report back in a few. Thank you for the support. Joel

#8 msworld 01-12-2016 05:19:28

Thanks Joel.

Board footer