Support Forums


If you have questions about my software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. I do my best to answer promptly but in some cases it may take a day or two. Bear with me and I`ll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. I don't have a translator and I'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PRIORITY SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

#1 jjjjeczalik 18-06-2016 22:25:28

Hello all :

I notice that in the change log,

"Account is now auto activated after a sale, instead of only via the verification email"

Does anyone (including Mr. Bennett, of course) know how to revert this small change? (Meaning that, I want it so that an account must be verified *before* they can place an order. The reason for that is so when a track is "sold" for $0.00, a *real* e-mail would still have to be submitted before being able to proceed to the downloads page.)

(I didn't post this in Priority Support because it's more of a curiosity than a priority.)

#2 msworld 19-06-2016 10:28:51

In a lot of cases people will use disposable emails, so it might not be that important?

If you prefer to remove this option, no problem.

Open 'control/classes/class.sales.php' and scroll to line 293. Comment out or remove the following code block:

db::db_query("UPDATE `" . DB_PREFIX . "accounts` SET
    `system1` = '',
    `system2` = '',
    `enabled` = 'yes'
    WHERE `id` = '{$data['account']}'
    ");

Hope that helps.

#3 jjjjeczalik 11-07-2016 03:12:53
msworld wrote::

In a lot of cases people will use disposable emails, so it might not be that important?

Very true, but I'm including a "special offer" in the verification e-mail which also has a bit of an incentive for someone to do more than just get the freebies and run. Another way to ideally boost actual sales a bit.

msworld wrote::

Open 'control/classes/class.sales.php' and scroll to line 293. Comment out or remove the following code block... Hope that helps.

Definitely so. I did it back in late June but then I neglected to come back to the forum and thank you for your prompt assistance. Thank you!

#4 msworld 11-07-2016 06:25:22
jjjjeczalik wrote::

Very true, but I'm including a "special offer" in the verification e-mail which also has a bit of an incentive for someone to do more than just get the freebies and run. Another way to ideally boost actual sales a bit.

Understand and excellent idea.

msworld wrote::

Definitely so. I did it back in late June but then I neglected to come back to the forum and thank you for your prompt assistance. Thank you!

You are welcome.

Board footer