You are required to register before you can post. This is via a custom verification system. Please post any problems you are encountering here and I`ll do my best to respond as soon as I can. Please note that a reply WILL be posted to all queries, so do not double post. There are no guarantees
when a reply will appear but I do my best to answer all within 3/4 days max. Bumping topics won`t make the slightest difference.
IMPORTANT: Posts in English ONLY please, thank you! Any other languages will be ignored and your message deleted.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before. Or check the relevant script docs.
CUSTOMER: If you have purchased a commercial version of any of my software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
PRIVATE MESSAGES: Private messages are currently disabled.
LINKS: Any links posted are 'NOFOLLOW' and will not be picked up by search engines.
This is similar to the issue Peter had here: http://www.maianscriptworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1156 It's different in one respect though; a clean install will work for a few hours, and then stops for no obvious reason. I had it working perfectly last night and this morning, the error message started coming up with absolutely no changes on my part.
There are no error logs in the crypt folder. I do not have access to a PHP error log unfortunately as I am on shared hosting. That being said, I also can't make the .ini adjustments that fixed Peter's problem.
I have tried submitting a help ticket to my host, but unfortunately it turned out to be a waste of time.
I am really hoping someone can give me a clue as to what to do to fix this. This is the only script I've found that meets my needs perfectly, so I'm willing to make a donation or buy copyright removal if someone can give me a hand.
Thanks for your kind words.
The captcha is session based, so I`m going on the assumption its a problem with the session data on the server. To be honest, the captcha in Maian Friend seems to be unreliable, so I`m going to change that.
The error log would have been ideal as it might have revealed the clue as to the problem. If your server supports ini_set, you can create your own error log.
At the top of the index.php file, replace 'error_reporting(0);' with this:
Create a folder called 'log' and make it writeable. This should create a file called 'error_log.txt' in the 'log' folder if any server errors occur. If it works, paste the errors here.
As a follow up, I can now confirm I have updated the captcha in Maian Friend:
If you haven`t made too many adjustments, simply re-download and set up again. Let me know if this one is better.