Maian Script World on Facebook Maian Script World on Twitter Maian Script World - Latest News Tutorial Videos Maian Script World on LinkedIn

Please Read

You are required to register before you can post. This is via a custom verification system. Please post any problems you are encountering here and I`ll do my best to respond as soon as I can. Please note that a reply WILL be posted to all queries, so do not double post. There are no guarantees when a reply will appear but I do my best to answer all within 3/4 days max. Bumping topics won`t make the slightest difference.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English ONLY please, thank you! Any other languages will be ignored and your message deleted.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before. Or check the relevant script docs.
CUSTOMER: If you have purchased a commercial version of any of my software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
PRIVATE MESSAGES: Private messages are currently disabled.
LINKS: Any links posted are 'NOFOLLOW' and will not be picked up by search engines.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-03-2012 02:25:41

Hydraulic
Members

Photo Insert Not Happening, No photos seen.

Hi David

I uploaded two photos with menus, an email tells me they were uploaded but they are not in any folder or in database.

Then I uploaded same photos from Admin panel, it said they had been but they are not.

None of the photos were named Lord Lucan or Harry Houdini so I don't understand how or why they vanished!!!

File permissions are set at 777 in appropriate folder, have looked everywhere for incorrect or missing code/reference but find nothing.

My Mother never gave birth to a stupid son and I don't like to disappoint her so I have been thorough in looking for the problem.

Do you have any ideas? Once I have it running, as is, I am then going to attempt to include code within the CSS pages of main part of site. Your module is at http://www.redcherrycoffeeshop.com.au/Recipes/ and Admin is where you left it, thats if you want to look in there. Use Andy McNabs patrol callsign for word and user the folder name you like to change.

Thanks heaps in anticipation of a solve on it.

Kind regards

Danny D:

#2 08-03-2012 06:58:02

msworld
Administrator

Re: Photo Insert Not Happening, No photos seen.

Hi Danny,

Its never possible for me to work out why things fail on certain servers. If the permissions and paths are right, then it should work ok. Check your server error log and see if anything has been logged there.

I didn`t understand your bit about Andy McNab, I`ve no idea who that is.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
David Ian Bennett - Lead Developer
www.maianscriptworld.co.uk

#3 08-03-2012 09:08:05

Hydraulic
Members

Hi David

He wrote a book after the 1st Gulf War about a 8 man team of soldiers, while looking for Scud missiles, some got killed, some got captured and one did the longest E&E (Escape & evasion) in Regiment history. The Title of book is P word smile

User is same as a directory that should have title changed.

If I get this sorted out I'll change both anyway.

No error messages in log, I looked through everything again and all seems normal except no images being uploaded when it says it has.

Could something be eating them? It is a recipe module!!!.

It has to be in the upload area of pictures, if it's saying it's doing and not, then it has to be there but I'm not sure where you send them as a table for pictures is on DB but not a blob file, so i assume its for id of photos held in /templates/images/recipes but that only has an index.php file in it.

This has me baffled and am really hoping it does not do the same to you.

A contrubution to cover a couple of drams of Talisker and Lagavulin or Auchentoshan 18 Year Old is about to be made.

I appreciate your valuable time.

Regards

Danny

#4 08-03-2012 13:31:17

Hydraulic
Members

Hi David

Solved it.

The other night when tired I forgot to put the capital R in recipe and css did not come up, I tried everything then got it when I put in http://www.redcherrycoffeeshop.com.au/Recipes/ and like fookin magic it all appeared.

BUT

In my tired mind I had played around with the absolute Path and removed the / from the front of where my zues server does all its fookin magic.

Moral of story is, when your shitting yourself when its not working, go for a slash.

Worked for me.

Enjoy your wee drams mate. smile

Danny

#5 08-03-2012 19:06:33

msworld
Administrator

lol. Danny, you`re funny. Nice to see a good sense of humour.

Glad you sorted the problem and again, thank you for he donation. smile

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
David Ian Bennett - Lead Developer
www.maianscriptworld.co.uk

Board footer

2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller of goods and services provided by Maian Script World.© 2003-2014 David Ian Bennett. All Rights Reserved | Forum: FluxBB

Privacy Policy | Refund Policy